At VIDLEARN Ltd we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering an interest with us or applying for one of our courses.
- any other information that you choose to send to us
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you [our newsletter and other] marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology.
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We will hold information from SKE applications indefinitely unless otherwise requested.
We will hold information from general enquiries and course enquiries to 2 years from the initial enquiry.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International data transfers
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us by email at [email protected] The request will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. We may make a small charge for this service.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is:
The Innovation Centre